You will have misplaced some vital playing cards or paperwork as soon as earlier than since you had been careless or maybe you fully forgot about them someplace and also you went all kelam-kabut; or perhaps you had been the sufferer of a theft or snatch theft, both approach, if you lose vital playing cards and paperwork like your identification card (IC), competent driver’s license (CDL) and/or passport, issues can get fairly troublesome (and disturbing)!
Nicely, in case you or a pal or member of the family ever has to undergo the ache of dropping any of the above paperwork (contact wooden), right here’s what it’s good to do (apart from not panic):
1. In the event you lose your IC
Misplacing or dropping your IC is a big deal. Ought to it fall into the incorrect fingers, you can simply develop into a sufferer of identification theft! So should you do lose it, be sure to:
- Make a police report for IC’s misplaced as a result of crime or negligence at your nearest police station or make an e-report here (if it isn’t crime associated)
- Along with your police report, go to any Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) department OR exchange your misplaced IC online utilizing JPN’s “MyKad Substitute System” (if no change of /particulars is required)
- On high of the RM10 utility price, a processing price can also be required, and for every time you lose your IC, that is the price:
- First loss: RM100
- Second loss: RM300
- Third and subsequent losses: RM1,000 (and topic to an investigation by JPN officers)
For individuals who efficiently handle to switch their misplaced IC’s on-line, you would need to choose up your model new IC from the JPN Wilayah Persekutuan department in Putrajaya after 24 hours.
2. In the event you lose your CDL
Shedding your driver’s license would imply not having the ability to drive too, until you need to danger getting fined. So right here’s what it’s good to do if:
You NEED to drive however don’t have any time to switch your CDL
- Go to your nearest police station to make a report for a small price, this may mean you can drive for one to 2 weeks solely with no CDL
- You should definitely have the report with you always whereas driving in case you get pulled over
You must get a brand new CDL after dropping yours
- Go to your nearest Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ) department and convey alongside your IC and a colored of your self
- In the event you aren’t in a rush to drive after dropping your license, you don’t must make a police report
- On the counter, inform the teller that you simply misplaced your CDL and would really like a brand new one
- You’ll obtain your new CDL inside a couple of minutes or an hour, relying on the gang
A RM20 high quality will likely be imposed on all driver’s licenses misplaced.
3. In the event you lose BOTH your IC and CDL
Your IC is required so that you can apply for a brand new CDL, so be sure to get your new IC from JPN first earlier than heading to a JPJ department to your new license! Simply comply with the above steps!
4. What to do should you lose your passport
Malaysian passports are identified to be probably the most highly effective passports on this planet, permitting its homeowners to journey to over 156 international locations with no visa or qualify for visa-on-travel. In the event you lose yours or it will get stolen, right here’s what it’s good to do:
- Make a police report
- In case your passport went lacking or acquired broken due to a hearth, receive an authorized report from the Hearth and Rescue Division as effectively
- In case your passport went lacking or acquired broken due to a pure catastrophe, receive a letter from native authorities as well- Dewan Bandaraya, Majlis Perbandaran, or Majlis Daerah.
- Report it to the Immigration Division to forestall anybody else from misusing your passport
- In the event you lose it abroad, report it on the nearest Malaysian Consultant Workplace instantly
- Full the IM.42c kind and put together to submit these paperwork to the immigration’s officer:
- Police report
- Different report of misplaced passport, the place relevant
- Delivery cert
- Copy of final passport, if any
- Marriage/ divorce cert, if 18 years or youthful
- Employment affirmation letter, if working overseas
- Letter of provide for finding out overseas, if relevant
- The applying for a brand new passport would value RM200
Nicely there you’ve it, must you ever be caught in such a scenario, you’ll know precisely what to do! Most significantly, simply bear in mind to not panic.